Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Brew Review 3/30 - Harp

If there's one thing in life as much as my fiancé Christina and sports radio, it's a cold beer on a Friday night.  For this week's Brew Review, I take a look at Harp Lager, one of my favorites right now.

The Stats:
Est. Calories: 127
ABV: 4.3 %

The JQ Review:

I'll just lead off by saying nothing beats a good Irish beer around St. Paddy's Day.  While Harp may not be the best Irish beer in the world (heck, I haven't tried them all yet!), it rates pretty high in my book.

If you're looking for something to compare it to, it's a tough call without digging into some micro-brews that I've tried.  It's got a little bit of bite that you would find in a pale ale, yet the smooth finish of a traditional lager.

I'd call it a "pale lager" for those very reasons.

When trying to describe Harp, I'd say it's got sort of a fresh, springy finish with just enough hints of hops to scare off those that don't like the bite.  But, unlike a traditional pale ale, it goes down smooth has a great finish.  It's light only in the sense that it won't fill you up like a dark amber ale or a wheat beer.

I'd highly recommend Harp to everyone - one of the better Irish lagers available.

THE JQ Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment