Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Six Pack of Picks

Happy Holidays to everyone!  Here's your weekly six pack of picks for Christmas weekend.  And trust me, you can take these right to the bank.  As my friend Ken Miller reminds me, the more you bet, the more you win.  HERE WE GO!

1. Kansas City -2 over Oakland
It's not about Kyle Orton in KC, he just happen to come along at the opportune time.  It's about the coach.  With Todd Haley out of the way, Romeo Crennel has a roster stacked with up and comers, and should run the table the rest of the way out.  No offense to Haley, but he had to be the worst in the league at motivating his players.  Crennel getting the bath last weekend was my favorite scene of this NFL season. 

2. Dallas -1 over Philly
It just comes down to who needs it more here.  The division is up for grabs.  Dallas needs the win to basically lock in up, and Philly needs the win and a ton of help to get it done.  If the game is in Philly, I might go the other way, but Dallas won't lose in Jerry's house with a division title on the line.

3. GB -13 over Chicago
Green Bay has had their wake-up call.  And I'll be Jermichael Finley loads up on the stick-em this weekend.  On top of that, Chicago is going with...wait for it...Josh McCown at QB.  Where the hell is Brett Favre when you need him?  Green Bay rights the ship, and seals up home field advantage with the win.

Pass me another Matty Ice, Teddy!
4. Atlanta +7 over New Orleans
Two bitter division rivals.  Two playoff teams.  Too many points.  I'll bet the Saints win the game, and Drew Brees goes crazy, but Matty Ice and the Falcons will keep it close.  This Falcons team in dangerous...they're not one I'd like to face in the postseason. 

5. Prince Fielder's New Team: Milwaukee Brewers
Last week, I'd have thought the Rangers were a lock to sign Prince, but after committing $50 million plus just to TALK with Yu Darvish, I'm not sure Texas has the cash Fielder is asking for.  The Nationals seem to be the team now (after all, they gave a stupid contract to Jason Werth last year, so why not?), but have a great 1B in Michael Morse already.  I think the delay, and teams not wanting to give out ten years and big bucks, will open the door just enough for Milwaukee to make an offer Prince will listen to.  It won't be for ten years, it won't be for $200 million, but why wouldn't Fielder listen to an offer of 6 years and $150 million?  They're a long shot, but I think the Brew Crew creeps back into this thing.

6. Over/Under # of drinks Joe consumes this weekend: 10
I'd say the over is probably a pretty safe bet.  Holidays around the Quinn household mean a few pops with family and friends.  I wish the best to you and your family.  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment